In computer terminology, icon is a pictograph which serve the users in navigating through software tools and several files in a computer. Without an icon, nothing can be consummated or accomplished on a computer. Making your own icon is not just easy. You have to follow certain steps and guidelines that will help you to have your own icon. However, it is not a problem anymore because icon maker will do the work for you. Once the icons are already created, you can place it in computer and use when needed.
Icon makers allow you to edit icon on file, which is mostly an image file with the .ico extension and which consists one or more small pictures or images in depth colour and multiple sizes. You will also able to make new icons in replacing your system or program icons, and favorite icons that are particularly used on websites, as being seen in the tabs, bookmarks and browser address bar. With icon maker, you can:
• Edit your professional icons quickly and easily.
• Allows you to edit an opaque or transparent icon.
• Allows you to make, change, extract, edit, explore and search for your own icon.
• Form and edit icons in custom or standard sizes, in depth of the color up to 16 million in colors.
• Create PNG icons for the mobile software, consisting Android, iPhone, Nokia, Windows Phone and iPad.
• Make buttons for websites
• Paint images with the use of brush, pen, ellipse, line, rectangle, curve tools and airbrush.
• Shift, rotate and roll images.
• Import and export .png, .ico, .xbm, .icpr and .xpm formats.
• Can sort images inside the icons.
• Copy and then paste the images to other applications.
• Test the icons.
You can choose the icons that are made depending on the type of icon that you have chosen. Here are some guidelines that can help you.
• Display Avatars or Pictures – If you have chosen to create display avatar or picture, it can be utilized anywhere. They can be used in Live Messenger, MSN Messenger, Skype, ICQ, Yahoo Messenger and Google Talk. You can also use them for profiles and social networking.
• Animated Emoticon (big) – It is known that animated emoticons are the biggest emoticons that are available, and are mostly used in Windows Live Messenger and MSN. Once you have created an icon, add it to Messenger by the rest of Smileys and Emoticons.
• Static Emoticon (small) – Known as the smallest icon in size that are available in the icon maker online. Commonly, it is too small in displaying anything clearly, but good for smileys and text. Small emoticons are 19x19 in pixels and are utilized commonly in Live Messenger or MSN, thus they can also be used anywhere.
• Buddy Icons –These AIM icons are intended to be used in AQL Instant Messenger as Buddy Icons, and it can also use anywhere else.
Having the best icon maker is just like having a good ammunition. People want something that will fit not just to your program, but the name of the program, and will give you the benefit that you are looking for. Icon makers are easy and quick and it will just take ten times faster in order for you to get the information that you are looking for and will help you in creating images that you desire.